Re: [A/S] Suburban

After looking at the pictures of Patti's hitch, I noticed I had a
stiffener plate welded in the open center of the hiche receiver
support (2500HD 02') where Patti's support for the tube was open ...
To be on the safe side, I replaced the receiver with a 12,000#
DrawTite model that I have full confidence in ...I also use the
Hensley and there is a lot of torque on the receiver when the trailer
is trying to sway.. The Hensley locks up and the receiver has to
transfer all the the load to the truck frame...I doubt other hitch
heads would twist the receiver like the Hensley, but bad welds and
stress cracks would still cause failure....

Jim