[A/S] Air conditioner odor.

Hi, people.

The air conditioner in our '01 Safari produces a strange odor, It
isn't a foul odor, but unpleasant none the less. It's hard to
describe, but the best I can do is call it a "metalic" smell.

We use the air conditioner infrequently, (partially because of the
odor) but I was wondering if anybody has had a similar problem, and
what did you do to cure it?

I've tried running the air conditioner (fan only) for two days
straight when we're not using the trailer with no help.

I've searched the archive, and come up with no help.

            ....Ed Johnson