Re: [A/S] Atwood Hot Water Heater - an addition

Tom,

Since everything worked last season, I think that mud daubers or
spiders in the combustion chamber and flue are the problem.  Should
be easy to clean out.

FYI, to prevent this myself I close a piece of fiberglass screen in
the access door to cover the flue when not in use, just to keep those
guys out.

It's also possible that your gas regulator has gone bad or one of
your propane tanks is almost empty.  Try turning your stove burners
on high, one at a time.  There should be no reduction in flame when
all are burning full blast.  As a final check, then turn on the
furnace and all burners should stay the same.

I'd also check the gas line under the trailer.  Mine had a bend in it
that got kinked almost flat from someone crawling underneath and not
paying attention.  While my water heater worked, it worked much
better after I replaced that damaged section of gas line.

Christopher