[A/S] Everpure - still need help

Just to clarify things, the filter that I have uses the self
contained cartidge that is supposed to twist up and into the base,
and is then secured with a locking ring and lever.  The lever locks
the ring and also opens the valve.

This is mounted under the galley counter and only serves a small
faucet off to one side of the sink.  It won't filter your entire
water supply, just what you'd take out of the little faucet for
cooking or drinking.

I did try calling Everpure once, thinking that I had the wrong
cartridge, but all they could say was to twist it up in there and
lock it in place.

What I am looking for are any tips from people that had a leaking
cartridge seal and finally came up with a solution.  For example, an
easy way to clean out the inside of the base, or maybe something to
act as a lubricant to get the cartridge in all the way yet not
destroy the seals or contaminate the water.

Christopher