Re: [A/S] Rid Rot

The clear penetrating Epoxy that I have used for many years in both Airstream
flooersand marine use was avable at the following prices
2 qt unit  $19.90
2gal unit  $61.00
The prices may be a little higher now.
Most epoxies are manufactured by 2 major companys and solr in bulk to
distrubitors who than repackage ot under their own lable and repending on the amount
of hipe charge anything from moderant markup to over the top.
Wgen you use the pinitrating epoxy I suggest that you drill 1/8 in holes part
way through the floor on a 1 in grid to insure a more complete saturation of
the aera. If the trailer is gutted I suggest that you tilt the trailer from
side to side and end to end and pore a bead of penetrating epoxy along the
channel so it cand seal the aera under the channel and wick into the end grane of
the plywood preventing future rot. pay very close attention to the aera around
the wheel wells.
the source I use is
Fiberglass Coatings Inc.
3201 28 rh Street North
ST Petersburgh FL 3373
1-800-272-7890
www.fgci.com
e-mail:sales@fgci.com
Their catalog has a wealth of information
I have ni connectapn with their compainy
Good luck with yourv project.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross)
1992 Dodge Cummins Diesel