[A/S] Re: Wheels & Tires for 1960 Traveler

Greetings Steve!

I have towed my Overlander over 40,000 miles and ten years on Good
Year Marathons with no adverse effects - - no blowouts, flats or
other problems.  My Good Year dealer has always been very
cooperative in providing tires with recent production dates, and has
always insisted that the wheels be equipped with steel valve stems.
I will be having my third set of Marathons installed on the
Overlander before it makes its next adventure as the current set is
five years old (my self-imposed replacement interval).  I have also
run Marathons on my Minuet since its purchase over two years ago
with the same good results.  I have several acquaintances with
Vintage coaches who are also experiencing good results with
Marathons. With any new tire that has metric sizing, measurment is
almost required to insure that there is adequate room (especially on
Vintage single axle coaches).

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers/Computer Club #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2
Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)