RE: [A/S] Diesel Fuel

Hi Al,
I am one year into my first diesel tow vehicle, and still have some of the
same interest in availability in the boondocks. I have always found fuel
when I needed it to date. It is the same #2 diesel used in trucks. You will
start to see #1 diesel show up in the cold parts of the world in the fall.
It is blended to prevent problems associated with diesel at low
temperatures. I saw it hit the pumps out in Ennis, MT, last fall in late
September. They had #2, (then added) #1, and a 50% mix of the two in the
pump at the place where I got my fuel while there for a month. I think there
is less energy release per gallon of the #1 fuel, so the MPG is not as good
with it. I am not an expert here at all.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624