[A/S] Diesel Fuel

We are considering buying an RV that has a Mercedes diesel engine
with pretty good economy. We have never owned any diesel vehicle
and were wondering if finding diesel fuel is a problem. Do these
engines require a different diesel than the big 18-wheelers
require? Is diesel fuel readily available even in remote areas?
I worry that finding diesel may be a problem in many areas that
we like to visit. Please share any experiences if you have a
diesel vehicle...  Al and Judy