RE: [A/S] GPS Use

Thank You Jerry,
It worked!!!!! I had gone to that page looking for something like this, but
only found one download for the 2005 version of the software. It had to do
with correcting the compass variation. I downloaded it. I think the reason
it worked was the fact that I had corrupted the file when downloading it
from the CD that came with the GPS unit, therefore it would not work. I
downloaded the drivers, and when I started to install them the Wizard ask if
I wanted to "Uninstall" this software. I said yes, then went to my down load
and "Installed" it from there. I then plugged in the GPS, and started up
Street and Trips. When I clicked on "configure GPS" the window said the
software was set to look at COM3 and the GPS was on COM6. I clicked on
search, and the dialog box closed - new experience. I then clicked on "start
GPS", and up came the little car in the circle setting on my driveway
location on the map.
Another computer mystery solved!!!! I will bet the new Trailer Life
Campground finder software will work also when I get the latest version. I
have it ordered, so did not install the last year's version after the hard
drive crash.

Joe Scudder