Re: [A/S] Satellite TV question

Ed, if you are getting HD at home with your existing
round dish, you should be fine with the same setup in
your trailer.

A lot of this issue depends upon your satellite
provider.  I think Dish network is using a separate
satellite for HD.  To receive standard programming the
dish already is being aimed at two satellites and you
have a dual LNB, thus the current dish like I have at
my home is slightly eliptical.

Now if the service requires you to aim at a 3rd
satellite, you either have to have a second dish, or
your dish is replaced with a dish that has an even
more eliptical shape and another LNB.

Again it depends on your service provider and I can
only speak to my experience with Dish network.

Bottom line what works at your home should apply to
the trailer setup also.

Regards,

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.