Re: [A/S] Looked at Excella

> 1.  The clear coat is peeling on body above the awning
> line.  I know this is common on 93 models, is there a
> temporary fix using a spray on finish, or just
> continue to Walbernize it 2 or 3 times a year?>

If it's an issue for you it needs to be re clearcoated, or painted.

> 2.  The 6 Marathon tires are 7 or 8 years old, very
> little tread wear and little visible checking.  Would
> you trust them on trips?>

Trips? I wouldn't trust them to get to the tire store. I'll never run the
trailer on a tire more than 3 years old....

> 3.  The oak cabinets over the dinette have a face
> frame problem I have never seen before.  <snip> The problem is that the
> two stiles, left and right of center have pulled down from the rail about
> 1/8 inch or more.  The dowels
> show, and appears that either there was no glue or little glue used on the
> joints.>

The same thing happened to one of my bedroom upper cabinets. I banged it back
in place.

> <I am wondering  if I could remove the dinette table,
> place large wood board on the floor to spread the
> load, put a 2x4 upright on my hydraulic jack, and
> another 2x4 across under the bottom rail of upper
> cabinet, the close the joint gap with pressure from
> the jack..  While holding them in place maybe glue and
> clamp some wood blocks on the back side to strengthen
> the joint.  I would try to run some screws in from the
> back side, if I couldn't do that I could set some
> finish nails in from the front with my nail gun.>

Gosh, I thought I had the same problem. I just used the side of my hammer.

> Except for these 3 concerns the coach looks good.>

Yea!  Did you check the floor for any water damage? Have they left the black
tank open and running into a sewer? That can be a real problem. Sometimes
people in permanent sites don't know you shouldnlt do that.

Hunter