Re: Introduction - Mega Response

Ben (robenroa@a...): We purchased our Airstream TT in Aug. '04 and have really
enjoyed being a part of the Airstream family and going places with the Airstream.

My response: I too, like going places (I am a fulltimer), but I find that my
current rig will soon be ready for Rig Heaven.

>Stephen (stephen.s1@c...): What sort of Airstream are you considering?

My response: A new 30' one, or one that is the most room that a Ford F-250 can
tow. She is going to replace Bessie, a 28' Fleecewood Wilderness TT. Bessie is
six years old, I've had her since she was new, and we've been fulltiming
together for five years. She is fitted with solar panels, and I plan to take
those with me and install them on the Airstream. Bessie is towed by Billy, a
Ford F-250. He too, is ready for truck heaven, and is going to be replaced
within the next month with another F-250.

Why an Airsteam? 1) Bessie (who "talks" and is known throughout the SKP
organization as "The Talking Rig") knows that she's a piece of Fleecewood junk.
She wants me to have quality in my next rig. 2) Of all the friends Bessie has
(and she's never met a rig she didn't like), a lot of the old ones still on the
road are Airstreams. And Airstreams were less likely to complain to her about
aches and pains and being made poorly than other makes. And 3) The Airstreams
will be easier to tow. And if I do happen to take a wife, a couple could live
comfortably in one. That cannot be said for Bessie.

>Hunter (hhamp5246@a...): Welcome to the list. I suspect you heard about it
from Cindy and Carl or Tony and Sandy. Both couples have Airstreams, are on the
list and I think in the same park.

My response: Carl & Cindy referred me to the List.

>Hunter: I am a fulltimer too and I love living in my Airstream. Part of the fun is
going to rallies and meeting the other people on the list.

My response: I may try a rally. For the first couple of years I've been fulltiming,
I went to SKP rallies and Escapades, but got burned out. Now Bessie and I do our
own thing, staying on my lot at The Ranch in the winter, and traveling the
continent in summer, staying in mostly Elk & Moose Parking. But Hunter, you have a
point. Once I sell Bessie and buy the Airstream (which I haven't named yet but I
suspect will be a she), I should be obligated to socialize her and introduce her to
other Airstreams. A rally would do the trick. And besides, she might love it, and
make some friends in the process. Not to mention the owners...

Garvey Hayes (garhayes@t...): On this list you can find out "ANY THING" YOU WANT TO
KNOW.

My response: OK, I'll keep this in mind.

--Robert Handel
Fulltime RV'er