Re: [A/S] Re: Are We Crazy

Kevin,

Two things: 1) if you didn't know, RJ Dial has added the Argosy line to
his picture archive at vintageairstreams.com, why don't you send him
some pictures of the Minuet? and 2) you may be pleasantly suprised at
the performance of your Cad in the mountains, I have a 1977 Lincoln
Continental 460 CI, 4V engine with a 2.75 rear axle and it pulls the
mountains fairly well. We went to the Grand Canyon NP from So Cal this
past April, pulled Cajon Pass, 4500+ at about 55, and seldom went below
50 all the way to the Grand Canyon. Recently we went to Death Valley NP
and on several grades I out pulled other tow vehicles who caught up to
me on the levels because they just drove faster than I feel
comfortable. My Lincoln has a 6000 capacity but with the 3.0 axle, I
feel that it pulls our 5800 lb Safari fine.

I think that the biggest problem at serious altitude would be the fact
that carbs do not adjust to thin air like electronic fuel injection does.

Bill Kerfoot
WBCCI/VAC #5223
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon
1977 Lincoln Continental