RE: [A/S] F250 SD S/C 6.0L 5spd Auto trans 4X4

Tom:

I drive a 2003 f350 with the same engine and transmission and pull an 1986
34' airstream

1. I do not believe you need an exhaust brake. I tested my truck going down
the north slope of the Roseveldt park in North Dakota. This slope drops
about 600' in a 1/2 mile slow 's' curve. I hit the top of the slope @ 70
mph, put the transmission in tow/haul mode, tapped the brakes twice, the
transmission geared down to 3rd and slowed the truck to 45mph and held it
there all the way down.

2. I did have a remote start installed. it works the same as with a gas
engine except for a delay of one minute to allow the glow plugs to get hot.
It works great! Just hit the start button til the lights come on then wait
for a minute it will start every time.