Re: [A/S] Repacking Bearings

I recently did this dirty, but otherwise easy job.  I bought a
bearing packer which looks like a cup that you fill with bearing
grease, and press the bearing into it with a special handle, forcing
out all old while packing in the new.  Made the job go really fast,
and eliminated any guess as to whether or not the bearing was
completely packed.

While you are at it, this is a good time to adjust your brakes to
make sure they are all synched up.  With a brake adjusting tool,
crank the adjuster until the drum locks up.  Then back it off until
it rotates freely, which should be about 10 - 15 clicks.

You'll need to recalibrate your brake controller after that, and it
helps if you can have an observer verify that both wheels on each
side lock up (when initially calibrating the controller) so you know
they are both braking evenly.  You can also look for identical skid
marks on the pavement if doing it solo.  I shortened my stopping
distance by 30%.

Christopher