[A/S] Tire rotation

Howdy y'all:

It's been awhile since I've posted, but I haven't had
anything to add to the posts I've read.  The replys,
as always, have been right on point.

I was at the local AS dealer yesterday, and noticed
that they were working on the brakes of a 34' Classic.
 I walked over and saw that the mechanic had used a
jack under the rear axel to raise the trailer to
remove all 3 tires.  I asked him if he thought it was
safe since the manual says to not use the axel to
raise the trailer.  His reply was that it wasn't going
to be under the axel long enough to cause any damage.

I don't think he is right, and I'd like y'alls
opinions on this.  I'm going to have to repack the
bearings on my 34' next Spring, and would like a
concensus as to the proper way to raise the trailer.

I've had axels go out of alignment before, and I don't
want to have to drive 400 miles for another alignment.

Thanks,

Tom May
'04 34' Ltd S/O