[A/S] Airstream and boat transport

Hello:

I hope to become an Airstreamer in the near future. My wife,
aesthetically inclined as she is, has been absolutely crazy about
Airtsreams for years now and I became a believer after reading about
the history and the amazing voyages of Wally Byam.

However, I have a boat that I am very attached to and would like to
take along on my travels. It is a Boston Whaler 170 Montauk (LOA:
17', Beam: 6' 10", Weight: 1650 lbs. for boat + 386 lbs. for motor
+ ?? trailer + ?? gas + ?? gear).

I know tandem towing is illegal in most states except with fifth
wheel trailers and I wouldn't want to bother with it anyway. I've
heard of rigs where the boat is winched onto a truck in its trailer
and sits over the bed and cab but I haven't seen one or even know
what they are called. In any case, I suspect that my boat would be
too large and heavy for such a contraption. Am I correct?

Are there any other options? I would really want to take my boat
along as opposed to a smaller aluminum or inflatable boat because it
is a very safe boat even in the ocean (in good weather, of course).
We would really like an Airstream over truck campers, vans or
motorhomes. Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Imanuel