Re: [A/S] What type of sealant to use around roof vent?

I never see RTV sealant recommended for this - but it seems to be ideal.
Maybe there is some problem that I never heard of (or maybe just that it is
more expensive).

Anyway, I use RTV for lots of things. Check any hardware store. Comes in
small tubes at around $2 or large caulking tubes for $3-4. Dow is one
brand. RTV stands for Room Temperature Vulcanizing. It is like rubber when
cured, and can be had in clear - white - black - silver - probably more
colors as well. It is the stuff used to glue glass panels together to make
aquariums.

It appears to hold up well in full sunlight/rain. When I recently had to
re-seal my AC, I used it.

Anybody know of any downsides to RTV? I would like to hear of them.

Jerry 4404