RE: [A/S] Tire Pressures (was metal valve stems)

Jack,
Good point.  On my Bambi, 60PSI is the minimum that will carry the load and
even at 65 I only have a 500lb of excess weight handling, so I just run 65
(& now I have metal stems as well).  I also looked up the info on the 28CCD
and I am wondering why A/S recommended running 65PSI on those tires (we
checked the VIN plate as well as the owners manual...both say 65).  But if
you look at the actual specs, the trailers gross weight is 7300lb, so each
tire (assuming symmetry) needs to only carry 1825lbs, which the ST225/75R15
can do at 40PSI. Running at 50PSI would still give each tire a 325lb margin
and would give the whole rig a smoother ride.  Something for us to discuss
and possibly ask A/S why the 65PSI recommendation.

david