RE: [A/S] Metal Valve Stems

Jack,
A/S also needs to get away from the heavier trailer=metal stem mentality as
it is the per wheel loading as you mentioned that really counts.  It is
interesting that our single axle 19' Bambi uses the highest rated axle and
has one the highest per wheel loading factors of any A/S, but A/S insists on
rubber valve stem since the trailer does not classify as a heavy trailer.
Makes me really wonder about how much real engineering vs seat of pants
guesswork goes on within A/S.

David