[A/S] Re: Trauma on I-40

Hunter:

Congratulations on surviving your recent excitement with so little
damage.

With your new tires, may I suggest more tire pressure?  You drive a
Ford, don't you?  For the past several years Ford has tended to
recommend very low tire inflation pressures ( 27 psi on the  Ford
SUV I test drove ) in order to sell to customes who like a nice,
soft ride.  Accepting that is a major mistake.

The door sticker on your truck has minimum tire pressures (cold in
the morning before you drive anywhere) and the tire itself has the
maximum printed on it.  You should be somewhere in the middle, and
toward the high end when towing, and higher than that after you
drive the truck.

Good luck with the new tires, I always enjoy reading about your
adventures.

Morris...currently a former AS owner