Re: [A/S] LED tail lights?

Chris,

I did find a 12 v lamp with the dual connection LED, AND it was turned
at a right angle so that it would shine sideways, not straight up. The
problem with them was that the two pins on the side, which are designed
to keep you filament aligned and are off set from each other, are
reversed . So the lamp fits in, but the LED's are facing the reflector
not out through the lense.

The Company i bought it through (see my web page :

http://home.tiac.net/~jtdjtd/aspix/LED/LED.html)

is the one that I say is pokey and difficutl to deal with. I had a hard
time getting that and although they said they would get back to me with
a lamp that had the alignment pins the right way, they never did.

  http://www.led.net/datasheets/auto_index/auto_index.htm

A lot of people would thank you if you had the courage and energy to
pursue this further.

I have the fiber optic signal system in my '73, and I think it's cool.
Any retooling of the origonal lights would wreck that. And besides,
messing with the taillights means dismantling the whole rear wall of the
  trailer. so I think my next trick is going to be a temporary mount for
two truck LED tail lights.

I did buy new lenses for the old lights, and put aluminum foil,
crumpled, be hind the lamps, and that made them brighter.

Daisy