Re: [A/S] Introduction-New Member

Joanne

I have spent the last 4 winters in my A/S (1974 29 foot Ambassador
International) and am planning on spending the next winter too. This is in
upstate New York and I have had very few problems. As Hunter suggested I do
have a 100 gallon propane tank connected to the A/S.  During the coldest
months I usually burn about a tank (80 gallons) every 3 to 4 weeks. Most of
the other winter residents of the park have closed in the bottom of their
trailers with Styrofoam. I have not.. The only other precaution which is
essential, is placing heat tape on the incoming water line. The
entire length of the water line must be heat taped and covered with foam
tube insulation.

When I purchased the A/S 5 years ago the furnace was not working correctly
and I removed it and installed a 8000 BTU catalytic heater. I enjoy the
quiet that the cat heater affords but when the temp drops below 15 degrees I
leave the water dripping in the kitchen. If I don't do this the pipes will
freeze in the rear of the trailer around 7 degrees, due to not having the
benefit
of the heat ducts from the forced air (original) furnace. I may install a
new
furnace this fall so that I don't have to be as concerned with the pipes in
the
rear of the trailer.

This is what works for me and I would say go for it.  You can always contact
me if I can help
noahnoa @ netzero.net

Noah
Hopewell Junction, NY