[A/S] leak prevention in argosy

hello all,
  our 1976 argosy 28' is an on-going project. we have noticed moisture under
the rear bedroom cabinet, between the twin beds, against the rear wall. usually
after a heavy rain. i have not been able to see the source of the moisture. i
have inspected and re-inspected the trailer. i have caulked along the outside
where the hose storage box and the body meet. up top, i see cracked paint
around the vent but no sign that water could be getting through and if it did i
think it would come thru the ceiling. what about the seam between the steel end
cap and the aluminum roof panel? there is a little rust there and no caulking
at all, should there be some there?  the forward steel panel looks about the
same.  around the running lights also worries me. i plan to paint around them.
i have reviewed all the archives on that topic. i did not see much about the
metal prep.
   another question is storage, i live on the canadian border in vermont and
because of the slight leak i have been reviewing storage options. does anybody
use one of those big rv storage tents? thanks for your input, jeff.