[A/S] Pests

  We recently took some friends out back, where our 1976 Argosy
trailer is parked to show them how nice it was, and the improvements
we had made.  To our embarrassment, when we opened the door, there
was a strong "dead mouse" odor!  We searched every nook and cranny,
but were unable to find the deceased culprit.
  We have now decided that it is probably better to "repel" pests
than to put out poison and have them die somewhere that you can't
find them.
  We live in very northern Vermont, and our trailer is parked and not
in use for a good portion of the year.  We have been looking at the
electonic pest repellers and cannot decide if we should get the plug-
in kind that would mean we would have to keep electricity running to
the trailer all winter, or the battery operated ones which we are
afraid might not work when it gets to 30 below zero here.  Also, we
don't even know if those things work at all, anyway.
  Does anyone have any suggestions?  We would appreciate any and all
ideas!
                         Joanne and Jeff Ballou