[A/S] 83 Flying Cloud, electrical

Years ago, we went through the same thing with our 61 Bambi.  Some
units came originally with a double male cord that plugged into the
trailer and then into the source.  The problem was, if you plugged
into the source first, you had a male "energized" plug in your
hands.  We elected to buy 30' of new cord and rewire the unit.  You
might search the archives for electrical questions asked.  I went
through a lot of discussion, especially about the fact if you hook a
ground to the trailer skin, the entire skin can be electrified.  It
seems like one of the sites showing a restoration may talk about it.