[A/S] start and run capacitors for 77 sovereign

Hi group,

Have been enjoying the discussions for some time now. Thanks for all the great
info.  I am asking for some info to help solve  a recent problem with our air
conditioner.

We were camping over 4th and the compressor on our 77 sovereign (original
equipment air conditioner) did not start.  It had worked flawlessly on Memorial
day weekend so I suspected it was probably the start capacitor.  Part way
through the weekend, I tried the air to just have the fan circulate some air
and after a very short time the compressor started and worked flawlessly the
rest of the weekend.

I would like to replace the start and run capacitors just for insurance and
wondered if anyone on the list knew the proper size capacitors to pick up
before taking the taking the protective cover off the air conditioner.  The
unit is original which I think it's is an Armstrong??? Don't have the service
manual handy.

Also,  I haven't been on top of the trailer to take off or disassemble the
cover to get access to the capacitors. Any info on the proper way to take off
the cover and get access to the capacitors and / or size would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks again for all the great information.

Charlie Gunkel
Tulsa, OK
1977 31 ft sovereign