Re: [A/S] Sway

Yes, it works.

The key is having the reflex conditioned to grab for the trailer brake lever,
and having that lever handy and somewhere where you don't have to go looking
for it. You're just not going to take your eyes off of the road during a
sway, and you need to have any controls handy, and be familiar with the
application of the braking of the trailer separately from the tow vehicle.

Not having a separate remotely mountable trailer braking lever is one of my
beefs about the current crop of braking controllers. They are certainly
better than the older models, so much so that you don;t have the need to
reach for the lever as often as you might with the older models, but in a
sway condition, having one would still be more intuitive than having to try
to find the controller, and then locate a small button, much less gage the
amount of braking being applied by the button's depression travel.

Maybe we can get the folks at BrakeSmart to offer an optional remotely
mountable proportional trailer brake lever?

Rick Kunath