Re: [A/S] Sway driving out of it

Swaying does not have to be a problem, nor do you need to have an expensive
setup to avoid sway problems.

I pull an approximate 22 foot Streamline trailer, and experience zero
noticible sway.  The trailer is about 5,000 lbs, and I have a regular weight
distributing hitch without sway bars.

The secret in my situation, anyway, is that I have lots of tongue weight
(just under 800 lbs.) and am practicing overkill with the tow vehicle. The
tow vehicle is a F-250.  I think that if you have at least 15 - 20 % of the
trailer weight on the tongue, and a long enough tow vehicle, you avoid sway
problems.

I might add that the effect from passing 18 wheelers is minimal at most.
Certainly not enough to worry about, even if they are travelling at a high
rate of speed when they pass me.  I also have a 30 ft. Class A with a weight
of 11,000 lbs, and that I notice the 18 wheeler effect more with it than
with the truck/trailer combination.

-Tom