[A/S] Hauling bicycles

While on the maiden voyage one week ago, we hauled 2 bikes in the bed
of the pickup.  Tricky to get them and other gear under the tonneau
cover.

This weekend we plan to toss an old blanket over the sofa up front
and lean the bikes against it.  Might also strap them down somehow,
although they shouldn't go anywhere.

Just wondering if anyone had found an easy way to mount a bike rack
on the back bumper, and if it could take the extra weight.

I have a '79 and the back bumper is also a storage compartment for
the sewer hose and shore power cord, and the top lifts up like a
lid.  Therefore you can't just install a clamp-on style carrier.

Christopher