Re: [A/S] Re: Where to get a 1976 closet door hinge

Hi Chris.  Thanks for the answer.  With the help of a flashlite I
discovered the same thing....looks like my doors have gone for
flying lessons at least one other time.  I am still trying to figure
out why the whole interior is put together with pop-rivets.
shish...what a boggle.  The holes don't fit a single screw.  I
thought about doing the backing routine you settled on, but have
decided to swap out the doors for lighter ones in the near future so
I am going to use nuts and bolts.  I also found a pair of hinges
that are much heavier than the ones supplied by AS for these doors.
Talk about wimpy hinges for HEAVY doors.  The ones I found are
heavier duty.  Like you I find the whole thing will be a lot easier
to put together on the picnic table, that's my shop, ha ha  ha, and
then haul it inside and reattach. You should have seen me trying to
prop the door up with my foot while reaching around the door to
screw in the screws when I first tried to just reattach the old
hinges.  what a laf.

I thought I had to replace my pump, but discovered it is shorting
out against the cover that goes over the part where the wires come
together.  I took the cover off and haven't had any more problems.
That pump is going slowly but surely.  It pumps along and then skips
a beat.  I think it is going to go into cardiac arrest some
afternoon.  The other problem is I have developed a leak when the
trailer is on city water.  Problem is I can't find the leak.  I
think it may be coming from the fill pedal on the toilet, we still
have the original toilet, but am not totaly positive as water can be
seen all along the hallway side of the bottom of the fixture.  Right
now we have solved that problem by not leaving it on city water ever
and making sure the pump is always off unless water is being used.

I agree with you.  I thought the quality would be better given the
original price, but maybe they figured the buyers were so well off
they would just haul the AS in and have the AS center dealer fix it
every time.

Joan in the Kalakala II