[A/S] Old vs New

Patti, I think you're 100% right on.  I think the whole issue is what
ever each individual prefers. However, some people keep saying the
old is "better" so I was just curious if there was really any
empirical evidence to prove that.

I've only had two Airstreams, first a 1967 Caravelle (17") and now a
1993 Sovereign (21") and I loved them both.  I couldn't see any
difference in quality but probably had more fun in the Caravelle.  We
put that thing in some of the most remote high country campgrounds in
Colorado – places other campers never expected to see a trailer.  But
when we decided to retire and take longer trips we had to get
something a little bigger.  But I do miss that Caravelle.

I feel the same way about my hobby – sports car racing.  I had more
fun racing my vintage car than the newer one.  Was it a better or
faster car?  No way.  But it was quirky, took more skill to drive
well and, yes, I admit it, I enjoyed it when people would gather
around, ask questions and admire such a fine piece of machinery that
was built over 30 years ago.

You know what?  Everybody out there who owns pink flamingos knows
what we're talking about.

Allan