[A/S] Sewer hose caps and connecters

With all this talk about Thetford and Valtera caps and connecters I thought
I'd
toss my two cents worth in.  After about 20 years and 5 trailers I've decided
they just don't make a sewer hose connecter that I like.  So I made my own
from a Thetford connecter meant for adapting to rigid plastic 4" pipe and
a Valtera "universal" adapter.  Used JB Weld to join the two.  Works great!
Easy to put on or remove and it has 4 lugs to hold it tightly in place on each
end.  I use the heavy duty red Valtera hose with the 4 lug connectors so I
can adjust the length of hose to the campsite requirements.

After braking several two lug Thetford connecters and one Valtera adapter
which was very hard to put on and off, the above concoction is a joy
(relatively
speaking) to use.  For a cap I just use the Thetford one with the steel cable
retainer on the road and the Thetford garden hose adapter type for gray
water only.

I hate a leaky hose!

Tony  KC9BTA
WBCCI 6373