Re: [A/S] drawbar cracked on 2002 Suburban 2500

         Doesn't your class V require a sleve to adapt it's larger tube to
the 2" square standard hitch bar?

>[snip]I was alerted to the possibility of the drawbar cracking by Bob
>Shoaker at the GA State
>Rally in Hoboken.

         It's Doug Shoaker, the Reese safety guy.  He gives us safety
seminars every year at ToG rallies, and has seen lots more than 6 or 7
cracked receivers in his day.  Good man.  Jim Moore (the Ga Unit safety
chairman), was at the Hoboken rally, too; he found several cracked
receivers, one cracked completely through on one side, a bunch of loose
hitch balls, and several undersized balls.       GM receivers (and Ford and
Dodge receivers, too, in the past) have had this problem, but GM is the
only one of the three that hasn't done anything about it, so far as I've heard.

- Dick
(5368)