[A/S] Re: Wheel bearings

Trap, It's not that you replace them because they are leaking,
although that's one good reason, it's that to properly pack and
inspect them for wear you need to remove the seal. That renders the
seal useless. (unless you follow the steps laid out by Charlie Burke
in an earlier post) I personally have never done it that way but next
time I going to give it a whirl. The farm trailers I used (mostly
straw and hay) never reached or sustained the speeds to heat up and
seize the bearings. Come to think of it unless the wheel fell off I
doubt anyone ever paid much attention to the wheel. Tobacco huh, What
part of the country is that? Lancaster PA? AL