[A/S] Re: "Sticky stuff" on an inside roof...

Greetings Lou!

Congratulations on the Argosy find!

I have had good luck removing the residue left behind by heavy
tobacco smoke with denatured alcohol - - learned this cleaning up
rental property more than 30 years ago - - it cuts through the grime
with a minimum of scrubbing (today, I usually use a double-sided
sponge designed for cleaning non-stick cookware for the
application/scrubbing).  I typically buy the largest size store brand
denatured alcohol and apply it straight from the bottle (be sure to
use rubber gloves and eye protection when working overhead).  Since
my Minuet hadn't been smoked in, it required little if any
scrubbing.  Future floor wax does seem to seal the surface once it is
clean, and I haven't had any issues with gloss as I applied it
slightly diluted in a very light coat.

Good luck with your cleaning project!

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400
VORTEC/4.10 Differential)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2
Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)