[A/S] Cross country

Hi Patti,

As you know, Sandie and I travel cross country with some regularity.
One thing we do daily is check our NOAH weather radio or WX channel on
our satellite TV. We need to know where foul weather is located and
which way it's going.

We have taken many less traveled roads just because we decided to stay
out of harm's way. When we start each day's travel, we have one route
in mind and two others as back up - just in case.

We've even packed up and left a campground an hour after arriving and
getting ready to do laundry -- when we learned a tornado had
unexpectedly shifted directions and would be upon us within the next
hour. We were the only ones who left. When we called the campground
that night, everyone who stayed suffered severe damage to their RV and
trucks.

Granted, it's fun to be macho, to take risks and to believe we're
immune from danger, but it's also fun to stay sharp, think smart and
smell the roses another day.

If your route should take you through Louisiana and I-10 east of New
Orleans, the suspension on both vehicles will be given a good workout.
It's only a half day's run to the Mississippi border, but that half day
will show how well you packed everything. We traveled that road last
month.

Loving this lifestyle,

Terry