[A/S] Can you park crooked with a Hensley

Hi List,
I had stated in a much earlier post that I would show some pictures of
parking my rig with a Hensley Hitch in my driveway. This was to happen when
I finally made up my mind what digital camera I wanted to purchase. I
finally settled on a Pentax Optio 555 for the camera, and brought the rig
home today to get ready to head for the Florida State Rally on Monday. I
like to keep my word, so I will use this as a "posting photos" in the photo
section learning opportunity, and keeping my word at the same time.
I just posted 3 pictures of me parking my rig in the spot I always park in
when I bring the Airstream home. You will notice I am at an almost 90 degree
angle when I get the trailer where I want it. I then unhook and put the
truck in the garage. When it gets time to hook back up, I set a push broom
in front of the hitch box of the Hensley with the handle sticking straight
up. I then use my alignment points on the truck (the lock on the bed cover
that sticks up about an inch in front of the tailgate while looking through
the inside rear view mirror) and the broom handle. I then back up very
slowly until the broom moves slightly. I then get out and remove the broom
and adjust the height of the hitch box on the trailer, then get back in the
truck and back the bar into the hitch box until it seats. This process is
very simple when the truck and trailer are in a straight line. I just align
the lock on the bed cover with the CB Radio antenna I have mounted on the
trailer next to the tongue jack and the small latch on the front of the
trailer that holds the cover for the propane tanks in the open position.
When I get within about a foot of the trailer, I get out and set the height
of the trailer hitch box using the tongue jack then back in the box until
seated. I can do this straight in hookup 9 out of 10 times on the first try.
Sometimes if I have to swing the truck into alignment at the last minute
because of things being in the way, I need to pull up a little and move one
way or the other to back into the hitch box.
By the way, Hunter can tell you how easy it is to get into that parking
space. You just have to back down a level straight one lane drive way for
350 feet. She did it on the first try with no pull up corrections to her
approach, I usually need at least one correction myself.

Joe Scudder
WBCCI 8624