[A/S] Re: On the road com/rust

Oops!  Sorry about that double post.  Sometimes the WiFi card will lose
connection with the node at the campground office.  The little icon turns
from blue to red.  The only way I have found to reestablish the link is to
shut off the computer and restart it.  I thought the first post didn't get out
so I resent it.  Still have much to learn about this WiFi business.

We had intended to leave this morning but woke up to snow and icy roads.
Maybe tomorrow.

As a long time resident of Michigan (in a former life) I can tell you that
aluminum will be damaged by salt.  Rust is an oxide of iron.  So aluminum
will not "rest".  It will oxidize.  Aluminum oxide can be a white or gray
powder.
The black streaks on some RVs is mostly aluminum oxide (Al2O3 if I
remember correctly).  It is best to avoid exposing your Airstream to salt
(NaCl) if at all possible.  It may not be practical however, as they use a mix
of salt and sand on the roads even here in New Mexico.  When you stop for
the day just hose off the bottom of your truck and trailer.

Tony  KC9BTA
WBCCI 6373