[A/S] Touareg hitch....

Greetings.

While at the VW dealer yesterday taking care of a coil recall for my
'01 Eurovan, I was looking at the Touareg. It is quite impressive.The
V8 is close to 50,000. Interesting enough, the V6 and the V8 have the
same towing capacity. VW is going to be selling a 10 cylinder diesel
version of this very soon.  As far as the hitch, I can tell you that it
is actually welded to the frame of the vehicle, which involves
completely removing the back bumper assembly. I was told that to
install this it is somewhere around 700-900 US dollars! Ouch. The
dealer also said that this includes wiring for a seven-way plug....but
I would want to confirm that before an install.

Jonathan