[A/S] water heater problem

Ok.  It occured to me to search the archive AFTER I'd sent that
last. Duh!  Sorry.  What I read there convinces me the tank/w hot
rod is the way to go, especially since I stay in places where freeze-
up might become a problem. (I'm in Quemado NM right now and it's
something less than 10 degrees here this morning.)

Still curious to know if there are "hotter" thermostat sensors
available, and/or if someone has a different idea as to what might
be the problem.

Regards; Mark