[A/S] Batteries and sliders and space, oh ho

My batteries have space around them also, and to keep them from
sliding around, I have inserted boards on each side and a small piece
of 2X4 in front.  As these batteries came with the trailer, I wish to
use them until they die.  Then I will attempt to more properly fill
the battery compartment.  These boards (1X4-9" long) are actually 3/4
of an inch thick, so I put one on each side of the battery, and then
I have a five inch long piece of 2X4 in front, which, with the
compartment door closed, allows the battery to move about a
conservative 1/16th inch in any direction.  Maybe this would work for
you Dick and then you could still have plastic sliders.  Just a
suggestion which works for me.

Tom
North Bay, ON, Canada