[A/S] Searching on these @#%*$X@! Yahoo groups forums

I have used Yahoo group lists/boards/forums or whatever they are in
the past. Only because I have to sometimes. I am new over here and
would really like to do some search research. Best I can see all you
can do is search about 500 of the past posts at one effort, then you
rekey previous button and get another 5oo or so. That will be around
64 punch and waits to go thru the whole 32000 plus posts.
I'll tough it out!
But I only want to do it once. I find if I enclose my search subject
in quotations "__" that it has an effect. As in many search systems.
But if I just put in my search subject I get way too much off
subject stuff. Im searching (1974 Excella 500), thanks to Mr.Yahoo I
will miss all that are styled (74 Excella 500) or just (74 Excella)
etc if I use the quotations, apparently. If I dont I will catch
every item that mentions any of the 3 words I guess. Not Good!
 Am I correct on this?
Does anyone know a better route to search on these Yahoo groups ??

Forgive the whine please. I am glad to find this forum none the less.
I would however, not object to Mr Yahoo being placed in that hole
that they pulled Sadamm out of.