Re: [A/S] AS door is bowed

I had the door pop open at 50 MPH in the Yukon on an Alaskan trip in '01
and had to deal with that kind of a bow. When the door slammed back against
the body it straightened it noticeably. What I did was make a wooden spacer
about two inches long (made it from a piece of 1 inch wooden dowel, as I
recall). I placed this spacer at about the center of the door between the
door and the frame. Then a friend and I pressed simultaneously at the top
and the bottom to bend it back into shape. (One-two-three-push,
repeatedly). Took only 10-15 mins once the spacer was ready.

It worked, and we had pretty good control over the bending. It would only
bend a bit at a time, so we just worked until it fit right and stopped
then. I had started with a shorter spacer, maybe an inch or so, and found
that the normal flexing of the door wouldn't let me bend it until I went
with the longer spacer. Somewhere around two inches seemed about right.

Good luck.

Jerry