[A/S] Re: 79 Argosy AC

Greetings Isabelle!

From my observations, a non-original air conditioner isn't
necessarily a detraction to the value of a Vintage Argosy.  What can
pose a problem is when the replacement air conditioner isn't
available with a condesate pan to route the condesate through the
built-in drain rather than down the side.  I didn't really think
that this would make that much of a difference and went with a
Coleman Mini-Mach on my '78 Minuet - - it works beautifully, but the
condesate running down the sides has produced rust stains on the
side of the coach.  An Airstream dealer can fill-you-in about which
air conditioners are currently supported by Airstream with condesate
drain pans.

I know that when I bought both of my Vintage coaches, a good
functional air conditioner with a clean installation was more
important than whether it was actually original.  The one thing that
I really do miss with the replacement air conditioner on my '64
Overlander is the wall-mounted thermostat control that was a part of
the original Bay Breeze air conditioner installation.

Good luck with your decision.

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI/VAC #6359
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible