[A/S] Airstream issues

Hi Gang,

You have all be very helpful in our recent aquisition os a 76 31'
Excella. Tuesday we went to look at it for the first time.  Our
reaction was mixed.

Our uncle had owned the trailer for most of it's life. For the last
10 it has sit in the same very nice park on blocks in a semi-
permanent foundation with skirting around the trailer.  Here is what
we found.

OUTSIDE: A screened porch had been added several years ago.  It
appears that there are 3 or 4 screws on each side of the porch
attaching it to the trailer.  The awning had been moved to the street
side of the trailer.

The aluminum sheeting looked straight through out with no dents that
we saw.  The blue stripe is very faded.

Several seems and windows on the street side have been caulked with
white caulk. A couple windows are cracked and need replaced.

INSIDE: The inside would look okay after a good cleaning.  The
cabinet under the sink needs repaced and I would put a new sink in it
if we kept it.

I would also reupholster the couch.  Looks like someone has repaired
or modified where the table folds down.  Most of the cabinets looked
okay.  The doors stuck a little in a few that I tried.  Still has the
original 8 track.

The bathroom looked in good condition as did the center twin beds.

Again, the entire unit needs a thorough cleaning which we plan on
doing in the next month.  After that we're not sure.  We don't have a
truck big enough to tow it and would have to buy something.  Sounds
like we will need at least an F250 and we're not sure if we can
affored to buy something that big then also drive it as a family car.

As much as we'd love to go camping we have no idea how often we would
get to go.  We do have two very big boxers at home that act like
three year olds.  We don't know if we could take them camping, and if
we could how they would act!  If we have to leave them at home we
would have to hire someone to sit them which again would limit our
camping time.

Anyone have any suggestions?  If we tried to sell it how would we go
about it and what is it worth.

Sorry about the length of this note. Thanks, Bill in Tampa