Re: [A/S] Re: The Big Freeze!

Patti, I'm not sure if you ordered the newest HP model
which actually requires you to drill through the
trailer frame (but eliminates the U bolts).  The other
dual-cam model with the U bolts has been an issue with
some since it sometimes positions these right in the
area of the gas bottles.  On my Safari they had to be
placed right under the gas bottles.  I put some
spacers under the bottles to slightly raise them to
give clearance for the bolts.

I decided to change out to an Equal-i-zer hitch which
eliminated the need for any drilling or positioning
issues.  I really liked my dual-cam but some of the
components were approaching over 20 years in age and I
felt it was time for a change.

Jack Canavera
STL. Mo.
'04 Classic S.O. 30'