Re: [A/S] Re: Jeep pulling airstream

      Hello Tina.

      I think I need to weigh in on the side of saying a Jeep is not the
best of tow vehicles.  I think the problem is in putting the emphasis on the
word TOW.  have a six cylinder, Safari GMC van.  It is rated to pull my
trailer.  It can pull my trailer.  But the questions are, can it stop my
trailer? can it get my trailer out of a dicy situation in a hurry? Can it
safely pull my trailer with all the stuff I like to have along for the trip?
Crazy things happen on the road and they get even crazier with trailers.  A
friend of mine lost twelve feet of trim  and all of the canopy when he was
forced into a sheer rock wall by a driver in his lane passing another car.
It was all he could do with an F250 to manage the trailer and the truck on
the sloping six foot, gravel verge.  The car went merrily on it's way.  My
friend and his wife and the people around them on the road were saved
because he had enough mass in his truck and enough experience at the wheel
to skim through with only some damage.  I notice that you said  "I will be
much less of a hazard than a lot of folks"  The point is you are supposed to
be having a good time and you shouldn't be a hazzard to yourself or someone
else at all. It is really easy to think you can do this with this vehicle
when you don't really know what happens out on the road with a trailer.  My
warning is it can be really scary, your trip can be ruined, you can put
yourself and those you love and all the other  people out there at terrible
risk if you pull too much weight with too little mass.

      Joan