RE: [A/S] Digest Number 1857-- Cleaning, Flooring, and Wheels

Cleaning:

Well we still have the nasty carpeting, and I couldn't take another two week
trip with no vacuum, so we got the yellow Hoover stick vac with the rotating
brushes on the head.  It was about $29.  You get what you pay for, but for
the small size and light weight, it picks up an amazing amount of dirt from
the nasty carpet.

Flooring:

Meanwhile, we went to Lowes to look at flooring.  You have to like the price
of new, soon to be nasty carpeting.  For a buck a foot, you can replace it
fairly often DIY.  Vinyl, for two bucks, I tried to like, but it seems so
thin and cold.  Wood was vetoed.  We did not see cork.  What we did see was a
Pergo-like floor from Armstrong which pretends to be slate.  Has anyone used
this?  It interlocks and floats, which I imagine would be good in a moving
Airstream.  What about all the cutting and quarter rounds required at the
cabinetry?  I've done wood before, easy enough, how will this compare?
Especially in the confined space of an Airstream?

Wheels:

The mystery of the slow, leaking tire which emerged on the last roadtrip is
solved, but what a bummer.  The cast aluminum wheel is cracked.  Where do I
begin to look for a replacement?  The steel wheel we have on as a temporary
is ugly!  Ideas, please, for replacement of a six-spoke aluminum wheel
manufactured 20 years ago.

Thanks to all,

Jim, JR, and Jezebel (the standard poodle)

'85 Limited 32'
'03 Avalanche 2500

Tramview Park, Cathedral City