[A/S] Atwood Yoke Style Coupler Repair

Hi folks:  I have a 1972 Overlander with a coupler that seems to be
missing a part.  The coupler is an Atwood class III 2 5/16 YOKE
style, not a latch style.  It appears to be missing some type of
spring mechanism that forces the ball latch mechanism to be oriented
properly under the ball when the coupler is locked down.  I can get
the latch to orient correctly by holding it in position as I lower
the coupler on the ball.  However this is only a quick fix and not a
permanent repair.  It would seem that it is missing a spring of some
sort.  I have searched extensively for a coupler repair kit and
Atwood does not seem to have one for their 2 5/16 yoke style.  Has
anyone run across this issue before and can you tell me if there is
a spring or other tension device that is missing from the coupler.

Thanks

John Starcher
1960 Overlander International
1958 Flying Cloud